Saturday 20 August 2016

1ST ROCK CLIMBING



Rock climbed for the first time ever and boy it wasn't easy.

Climb Central
#B1-01 Kallang Wave Mall
1 Stadium Place
Singapore 397628

Our initial plan was to reach Stadium at 2pm, get a quick bite & head to climb central. But of course it didn't happen because we're 'always late' & i don't even know how √( ̄‥ ̄√ Supposed to meet Liying at 1pm but we met at around 2pm instead at Pasir Ris, not even close to Stadium (FOLs). Alex was late too so i don't feel too bad for being late now (I think he expected us to be late anyway). Hahaha

Rock climbing is actually loads of fun but my arms are weak as hell and max i could climb was half a wall. Highly motivated to train arms in gym now. Also the auto belay climbing wall petrifies me. It's so nerve-racking to trust this 'device' to bring you down to safety, how can one jump off a wall just like that?! It's flippin' high & it doesn't bring you down slowly and steadily but a sudden initial drop first THEN slow down. Like what the hell?! I DON'T WANNA JUMP (ノꐦ ๑´Д`๑)ノ彡┻━┻

Liying kept laughing because apparently she saw me close my eyes and 'praying' to myself on the wall. Obviously I was prepping myself to jump with my eyes closed but it's still too scary! Imagine being stuck on a wall & you can't come down & the only way down is to just fall. Yep. That fear is justifiable. Just thinking about it right now scares me. But I'd like to try it again next time. (I think) 

Wallet damaged: $22 (Entrance fee) + $10 (1st time registration fee), no time limit.


Signing off~

No comments:

Post a Comment